Monday, April 27, 2015

Meditation :: 4/27/15 PM



Meditation
Psalm 1:2b "...and in his law doeth he meditate day and night."

I. The Definition of Meditation

Meditate: Hebrew: hagah  meditate; speak; imagine; study; mutter; utter; talk
Proverbs 23:7  For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he:

II. The Deed

            A. Involves Excitement – unable to keep it inside
Psalms 77:12  I will meditate also of all thy work, and talk of thy doings.
            B. Involves Determination – unable to be distracted by personal conflicts
Psalms 119:23  Princes also did sit and speak against me: but thy servant did meditate in thy statutes.
            C. Involves Selflessness – unhindered by those that are proud and perverted
Psalms 119:78  Let the proud be ashamed; for they dealt perversely with me without a cause: but I will meditate in thy precepts.
            D. Involves Humility
Psalms 119:15  I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways.
            E. Involves Thankfulness
Psalms 143:5  I remember the days of old; I meditate on all thy works; I muse on the work of thy hands.
            F. Involves Action
Psalms 119:48  My hands also will I lift up unto thy commandments, which I have loved; and I will meditate in thy statutes.
            G. Involves Joy
Psalms 104:34  My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the LORD.
            H. Involves Understanding
Psalms 49:3  My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart shall be of understanding.

III. The Duration

            A. During rest
Psalms 63:6  When I remember thee upon my bed
            B. During the day
Psalms 119:97   O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day.
            C. During the night
Psalms 63:6  When I remember thee upon my bed and meditate on thee in the night watches.
            E. During work
Psalms 119:148  Mine eyes prevent the night watches, that I might meditate in thy word.


Conclusion: Joshua 1:8  This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.